Monday, November 1, 2010

Welcome and Goodbye

Welcome
This was the entrance path in which I started my KUET (my university) journey. It was very exciting at the beginning. To get to know new place, new friends was indeed something to be excited. The first year was like a fun ride. By the time we were promoted to the second year, we found ourselves wondering around and thinking wasn't it was yesterday we got admitted into. Though it was one full academic year, but it felt like only 2-3 months. 

Why KUET become indispensable part of one's life? Well I guess the answer is pretty easy. Because every kuetians made countless memories here. Some of them are bitter, some of them are sweet and others are best days of his/her life :).

I was no exception. I didn't hold high expectation regarding KUET, but I didn't think that I would make so many wonderful memories with my friends until my time came to departure. When we were in last academic year, we started to feel very uncomfortable. We were used to start our day with friends.

In middle of classes gourob, rahman, rana, auvi, asad, srijon, faisal, rahi, ratul, sadh and many others went to the Member's shop or the Cafeteria to have breakfast. It was like race against time. We had hardly 10-15 min times in between the classes as break before lunch. In that small time we made a quick small storm in our tea cup :) along with the breakfast. 

Then when it was lunch time, we went to the Hall's dinning to have lunch. There was gossiping all along and discussion of some rumor between our friend. We poke one friend collectively :). It was really fun while having our lunch. After lunch again we go out into small group to take tea.

Shahid Vai's Shop :)


The real pleasure time came around 5:00 PM when all the classes are completed and we go out into group to have some meal. This is the prime hangout time. We go in Sahid vai's Shop to have the kuet's traditional "DIM Toast" along with banana and some other food. We kept our discussion going. We sometime went to some cool and nice place and sit there watching the calm beauty of nature. It helps us to get ourselves out of the monotonous life. Just to remember those days makes me nostalogic.

The FH Hall was one scared place for us. Our friends, loving Juniors and some extraordinary seniors were in this hall. In fact most of the sweet and unforgettable memories are formed here.

Indoor games, TV room was the most visited place for me when I was in the first year. But it degraded and I found myself totally room bound by the time I was in fourth year. Every routine was pl, except going into the class timely. In reality from 2-2 I drastically reduces the attendance in the class. In whole fourth year I just went to the class for 3-4 days at best !.

One of the most re memorable journey was the study tour in KUET. We out to see the natural beauty of Bangladesh along with some study into various organization. That was one of the best memories in my life. So many friends together out for journey. So many discussion, So many gossip, So much fun. We let loose all the boundaries and went for the ultimate fun.

Then time came when we have to say goodbye to the KUET. I didn't cry as our seniors did when there time came. But I was feeling very down. Because even I couldn't  stop thinking that, We cannot get together like we did here from now on-wards. 

The KUET did said goodbye to ourselves. But we surpass that barrier. We are still in contact with our friends and get together sometimes. It may be farewell for kuet. But for my friends there will be no farewell, there will be just welcome from deep bottom of my heart. Thank you guys and I miss you all. I miss FH Hall. :'(

Farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment